1. Peter Bulkeley. The Gospel-Covenant; or The Covenant of Grace Opened … Preached in Concord in New-England (London: Printed by M.S. for Benjamin Allen, 1646). Letterpress on paper; bound in leather. Presented by George Frisbie Hoar, 1873.
2. Daniel Bliss. Holograph sermons, Concord, April 26, 1748 (on Psalms 72.17) and November 16, 1754 (on Psalms 4.7). Ink on paper. 1748 sermon from the collection of the Concord Antiquarian Society, presented to the library in 1974.
3. Wax portrait of William Emerson (RWE’s grandfather). Presented by the Reverend Robert W. Haskins, 1924.
4. Engraved portrait of William Emerson (RWE’s father), from the Polyanthos, May, 1812. Engraving bound into William Taylor Newton’s extra-illustrated copy of Cabot’s A Life of Ralph Waldo Emerson. Extra-illustrated Cabot from the Emerson collection of William Taylor Newton, presented by Edith Emerson Forbes and Edward Waldo Emerson, 1918.
6. Ezra Ripley. Holograph manuscript of Half Century Discourse, 1828. Ink on paper; stitched.
7. Ezra Ripley. Half Century Discourse, Delivered November 16, 1828, at Concord, Massachusetts (Concord: Printed by Herman Atwill, 1829). Letterpress on paper; stitched. Edward Jarvis’s copy, with manuscript inscription on title-page.
8. Frontispiece silhouette of Ezra Ripley, from By-Laws of Corinthian Lodge, of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons (Concord: Benjamin Tolman, 1859).
9. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
[Obituary of Ezra Ripley.] Piece in the Concord Republican
for October 1, 1841. Letterpress on paper. Myerson E34.
Exhibition table of contents - I. Emerson's Concord Heritage - II. Settling In -- The Emerson House - III. Taking a Place in Town Life -- the 1835 Celebration - IV. At the Center of the Circle - V. Concord's Conscience - VI. Citizen, Townsman, Friend, and Family Man - VII. The Respect and Affection of Concord - VIII. Concord Keeps the Flame - Special Collections Home.