6. William Munroe Purchases the Library Lot
The Brooks lot at the intersection of Main Street and Sudbury Road was sold by George Brooks to William Munroe for four thousand dollars. The deed conveying the property (here shown) was signed on April 26, 1869 and entered at the Middlesex Registry of Deeds on May 3, 1869.
To ensure the possibility of future expansion of his library, William Munroe also purchased land behind the Brooks property and made the necessary legal arrangements with abutters to prevent new construction between their homes and the library lot.