34. Architect Harry Little
Architects Philip Hubert Frohman, E. Donald Robb, and Harry Britton Little worked together on a number of important projects, as partners and - later, less formally - as associates. Through his work with Frohman and Robb, Harry Little (1882-1944) enjoyed a national as well as a local reputation. He was involved in the design of the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in New York, the National Episcopal Cathedral in Washington, D.C., the Episcopal Cathedral in Baltimore, and the chapel of Trinity College in Hartford. His extensive work in Concord - where he lived from 1915 - included the Middlesex Bank, the Trinitarian Congregational Church, the Concord Antiquarian Society (Concord Museum) building, Anderson's Market, Crosby's Filling Station, and a number of private residences, as well as the Fowler Branch of the Concord Free Public Library and the 1933 remodeling and expansion of the main library in Concord Center.
Hard-working and generous, Little was appreciated in Concord. His obituary in The Concord Journal reflects the warmth the community felt for him: "He met people readily and in a friendly spirit. His clients found him good to work with. He was balanced, quiet, and a thinker ... In spite of his achievements he claimed nothing for himself. By nature affectionate he made close friends. Few men have more closely cherished home and family. To the call of friendship and in his work for the town, he always gave his best. His friends will never forget him, and Concord will long be grateful to him."
Harry Little's son David served as a member of the Concord Free Public Library Corporation from 1952 to 1957.