Summer Learning Program for Teens 2020
This summer, Imagine Your Story!
Register here to sign up for the program and:
- Log your reading and review books
- Complete fun STEM activities to earn badges
- Participate in our Weekly Learning Challenges
- Be a part of the Chronicling Concord through COVID-19 initiative
- Participate in the Virtual Talent Show for Kids and Teens
Why should you participate?
Learn More about the Summer Learning Program 2020!
WHO: This years' Summer Learning Program for Teens is for 6-8th graders and 9-12th graders!
WHAT & HOW: Register for the program here: https://concordlibrary.beanstack.org and log your reading on the Beanstack website. Win prizes and participate in activities!
WHEN: Monday, June 15th - Saturday, August 29th (Sign up begins June 1)
WHERE: All Summer Learning Program activities will take place virtually. Visit our event calendar or our Facebook and Twitter pages for more information on upcoming programs! For more information on our at-home Weekly Learning Challenges, please visit this link.
WHY: Who doesn't want to engage with awesome learning opportunities and win cool prizes?!
A BIG thank you to the Concord Free Public Library Corporation and the Friends of the Concord Free Public Library for supporting the Summer Learning Program!
Recommended Summer Reading Booklists
Click on the links below, which will bring you to your grade level's Summer Reading Booklists! Many of these titles are available on Hoopla. You can also view each book on the MLN catalog by clicking on the individual titles below!
The Big Six Titles
- The Last Bus to Everland
- Sal & Gabi Break the Universe
- Dog Driven
- No Fixed Address
- Look Both Ways
- Echo Mountain
- El Deafo
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
- New Kid
- Hereville: How Mirka Got Her Sword
- Wires and Nerve
- The Witch Boy
- Shuri: A Black Panther Novel
- The Poet X
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Outliers: The Story of Success
- We Were Liars
- One of Us Is Lying
- All American Boys
- Long Way Down
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
- Dear Martin
CMS Recommended Titles and Summer Reading Homepage (watch the video above to orient yourself to the CMS program and CMS website)