Laser Materials Guidelines
General Materials Restrictions
- All materials must be evaluated by staff before use in the laser cutter. Proof of purchase from an approved vendor and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) must be provided. Material approval may be revoked at the best judgment of any staff member at any time.
- Materials must be purchased directly from the approved vendor. Materials purchased through the vendor’s store on a conglomerate site (i.e. Amazon, Etsy) will not be accepted.
- Approval as a vendor in no way constitutes an endorsement by the Library or its staff, and any vendor may be submitted for consideration via the Library’s Suggest a Vendor Form.
- Due to the elevated risk of fire, fumes or equipment damage, we do not allow public use of paper or cardboard in the laser cutter.
- All materials must be pre-cut to fit in the Glowforge print bed (12 x 20.4”). The maximum cut area is approximately 11 x 19.5”.
- For safety reasons, we do not allow public use of the Glowforge Pro passthrough slot.
Currently Approved Vendors
Glowforge-brand sheet materials of any type may be purchased directly from the following vendor(s):
- Glowforge, Inc.