Homebound Service: Direct-to-You
The Concord Free Public Library is delighted to offer home delivery service to patrons who may face difficulties reaching our physical buildings for any reason.
To qualify for this service, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently reside in Concord, MA.
- Have a Minuteman Library Network account in good standing.
- Be available to receive deliveries based on our volunteer driver schedule, which is usually on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Have a safe spot to leave items in case you are not home to accept them at the time of delivery. This could be a large mailbox, a screen door, or a covered porch, among other secure options.
While our free delivery service is prioritized for those who lack transportation or the ability to visit our physical locations, we encourage you to contact us if you require assistance with a delivery for any reason.
Please note: Volunteer drivers are not permitted to enter the residence or do any tasks beyond delivering/picking up library materials.
Here's how our home delivery service works:
- You inform us of your item requests, including how often you want deliveries, whether you prefer specific titles or prefer us to choose for you based on your interests and format requirements.
- The Circulation Team will work to fulfill your requests based on item availability.
- A volunteer driver will call ahead when your delivery is prepared along with an estimated time of delivery.
- The volunteer will drop off items in a marked bag and collect any library returns.
- Please note that our deliveries depend on the availability of our volunteers, weather conditions, and holiday closures. At least 48-hours notice is required, and at this time same-day deliveries are not available.
- There is no charge for this service thanks to our dedicated volunteer team.
Don't hesitate to reach out to us for any questions about our home delivery service. We are excited to provide this service to our community and look forward to bringing the library to your doorstep!
To begin this service, or if you’re interested in being a volunteer driver, call 978-318-3362 or email DirectToYou@concordlibrary.org.
This program is made possible by the generous support of the Friends of the Concord Free Public Library, a patron-supported non-profit organization. Learn more and support the Friends’ work.