Summer Reading Program 2017
Register here to sign up for the program and win prizes!
Kids and Teens:
- Log in and enter how much you are reading each day on the summer reading website.
- Win a prize each week that you read a total of 60 minutes or more!
Pre-Readers: (new program this year!)
- Pick up a Rubber Ducky Bingo Card from either library or download August card here.
- Complete and color all of the early literacy activities on your card, then visit the library to choose a free board book!
- All ages can participate in summer reading. Listening to audio books counts towards minutes read. Caregivers can record time spent reading to children. If one child reads to another, that counts as well. All types of reading and listening can be counted towards minutes read.
Concord Public School Recommended Summer Reading Lists and Websites:
- Grades K - 5 Book List - Go here to download the list
- Concord Middle School - 2017 Required Summer Reading Page
Help us Build a Better World:
- We are collecting coins in a jar in the Children's Room to donate to the Gaining Ground program, "Read for Seeds". Read more about the program here.
Can't decide what book to read? Stop by at the Children's Desk and we will be happy to help.
All Summer Reading Events:
(* Means you must register for this event.) See this page for the most up-to-date information on these events.
Day of week
|Kickoff - Movie & Giant Candyland||6/13/17||Tuesday||2 - 6 pm||Families||Main Library|
|Teens End of School Ice Cream Sundae Party||6/20/17||Tuesday||1:30 - 2:30 pm||Teens||Main Library|
|Baby Yoga* [Sign up here]||7/10-7/31/17||Monday||10 am||Babies||Fowler Branch|
|Family Movie||7/14/17||Friday||1 - 3 pm||Families||Main Library|
|Maasai Bead Workshop* [Sign up here]||7/17/17||Monday||7 pm||10+ and up||Main Library|
|Volunteer at Gaining Ground* [Sign up here]||7/19/17||Wednesday||10 am - 12 pm||5+ with caregiver||Gaining Ground|
|Origami Workshop with Michael LaFosse||7/19/17||Wednesday||7 pm||8+ and up||Main Library|
|Family Movie||7/25/17||Tuesday||3 - 5 pm||Families||Fowler Branch|
|Origami Birds||7/26/17||Wednesday||4 pm||8+ and up||Fowler Branch|
|Storytime with Clifford the Big Red Dog||7/28/17||Friday||10:30 am||Families||Fowler Branch|
Backyard Astronomy with Aldrich Astronomical Society
|7/31/17||Monday||7 pm||Families||Fowler Branch|
|Read to Diamond the Dog* [Sign up here]||8/1/17||Tuesday||3 - 4 pm||All ages||Main Library|
|Family Movie||8/4/17||Friday||1 - 3 pm||Families||Main Library|
|Ice Cream Party||8/8/17||Tuesday||1 - 3 pm||Families||At Both Libraries|
|Book Discussion, "Hold Fast" by Blue Balliett||8/8/17||Tuesday||3:30 pm||11+||Main Library|
|Family Movie||8/15/17||Tuesday||3 - 5 pm||Families||Fowler Branch|
|Procrastinators Party||8/28/17||Monday||4 - 6 pm||11+||Fowler Branch|