101 Picture Books CFPL Loves
Why Read 101 Picture Books?
- Reading builds vocabulary. The more words children encounter before starting school, the more words they recognize when they begin reading on their own.
- Reading exposes children to new situations and experiences. Books help them learn about the world around them.
- Reading aloud provides children with a reading role model. When you have fun reading together, your child learns that reading is fun!
How It Works:
- Register at concordlibrary.beanstack.org
- View book titles: Please click on the poster below and then click on the book covers to link to the online catalog to place requests.
- Track your reading: Color an Owl Coloring Page each time you read a book and record what title you read. Book Milestones: Each time you read 25, 50, 75, then 100 books, bring in your Owl Coloring Page to receive a special reward!
- Reach 101 Books: You did it! Come celebrate at the library to receive a very special surprise!
- Keep on reading! Don't stop at 101 books, keep on reading together; there's more learning ahead!