The Concord Free Public Library has many talented, hardworking volunteers. These include:
- volunteering at the Library directly
- volunteering with the Friends of the Library
Volunteering at the Library
Our volunteers help the staff with many varied tasks at both the Main Library and the Fowler Branch. New volunteers are always welcome. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please stop by at the Reference Desk in the Main Library to complete a Volunteer Application Form. The Town of Concord conducts background checks for all volunteer applicants that are 18 years old or older. If you are 18 or older, please visit either the Main Library or Fowler Branch to complete the CORI background check consent form and to show your state identification. Once the application and background checks are complete, a member of the library staff will meet with the new volunteer to set up a schedule. Volunteer schedules can be very flexible.
Call 978-318-3347 during library hours to learn more about volunteering at the Concord Free Public Library.
Volunteering with the Friends
The Friends of the Concord Free Public Library encourage engagement through our programs, including our Music, Film, Poetry and Author Series, as well as our two annual book sales and the Miller Award. Details on each of these can be found here under Program Offerings. Specific volunteer opportunities are listed below, but please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about any volunteer idea you may have
- Sorters - A group of dedicated volunteers called the Sorters work weekly to filter through all of the books donated to the library to prepare them for the Book Sales.
- Book Sales - **Update** It is with heavy hearts that after continuously running our annual booksale since 1978 we are cancelling the outdoor lawn Booksale for 2020. Please stay tuned on other ways you might be able to both donate and access our books!
- We will provide a Sign-up Genius twice per year for specific volunteer assignments for the June (September for 2020) and December book sales. Volunteer time slots are allocated to table and book setup, tear-down, as well as cashiers and other organizers for the events. Look for the Sign-up Genius 1 to 2 months before each book sale via our webpage, or email us to be added directly to the email list. Additionally, we act as cashiers for book sales during author events throughout the year. Please let us know if this is of interest to you. The events are typically on a weekday evening or a Sunday afternoon (Poetry) and require about 2 hours of your time.
- CCHS Study days - June Study Day to be announced, CORI’d volunteers needed between 10:00 – 1:00 p.m. or 5:00 – 10:00 p.m., email: email@example.com
- Twice annually (before mid-terms and finals) the use of the Main Library is provided as a safe and quiet place for CCHS students to study for their exams. Volunteers who have completed the CORI process are on site to provide supervision and snacks to the students.