The Library Committee
The Library Committee is comprised of seven members appointed by the Board of Selectmen in accordance with Section 2 of the Town Charter. Members are appointed for staggered three-year terms and work with the Library Director to achieve the following goals (approved 9/18/2012):
- Maintain the Library’s financial stability and well-being.
- Provide short term and long-range planning efforts.
- Support policy development by boards and committees, update existing policies/procedures and improve communication.
- Enhance patrons’ experience using the Concord Free Public Library in all its capacities.
- Explore and implement new technologies to enhance services and facilitate staff work.
- Continue the library’s leadership role in organizing and implementing active programming for all ages, drawing on in-house resources and collaborating with the community at large.
- Support community sustainability initiatives through organization practices and educational resources.
Current Committee Members:
Tara Edelman, Chairperson
Mavourneen "Mav" Pardee